One of the giant telco in the Philippines has officially announced the availability of Globe eSIM for all subscribers! The eSIM have been available for Globe postpaid subscribers for a while now, and by the end of September, it will be accessible for prepaid subscribers as well.
What is an eSIM?
An eSIM card is a digital SIM card that is made for your smartphone. It allows you to activate a mobile connection/plan without having to insert a physical SIM card, while easily keeping all the information you need.
How to avail Globe eSIM?
The Globe eSIM is available upon request via GlobeOne application from the app store or Play Store by these 3 easy steps:
- Download the GlobeOne app for FREE
- Setup a GlobeOne account
- Request for eSIM
Please take note that you have to make sure your device is eSIM-ready before requesting for one.
What are the advantages of eSIM?
- You can use different mobile numbers in one device, and switch them anytime you want
- You can connect your devices like phones and smartwatch under one number
- You will be contributing to the reduction of carbon emissions, plastic waste, logistics, and physical disposable SIMs
- No need to worry about losing or damaging your SIM card
- No need to carry multiple SIM cards for different countries or networks
- No need to wait for a SIM card delivery or visit a store to get one
- No need to cut or adapt your SIM card to fit your device
- No need to restart your device when changing plans or carriers
These are only some of the available information on Globe eSIM, stay tuned for more updates once the eSIM is officially launched. This move will definitely contribute greatly to a convenient and hassle-free way to stay connected wherever you go. What do you guys think? Let us know in the comments below!