Two months ago, we can remember that Smart Communications released its Smart Prepaid eSIM. It is initially available in their store on Shopee, Lazada, official website, and physical stores. Unfortunately, many people hoard it, and its availability becomes a problem.
It’s great that they made a digital version of it, so you can get it immediately instead of waiting for many days for the shipment. You can now buy it at the Smart Online Store for only PHP 99 and enjoy up to 21GB of free data. Initially, you will get 5GB of data, 30 Allnet Mins, and 100 Allnet texts valid for 3 days. The other up to 16GB of data will be claimed after signing up in the Smart App (previously known as GigaLife App).
We don’t know yet if it will also be available on Shopee and Lazada, or if Smart will still restock a non-digital version of their prepaid eSIM since it is unlisted on both platforms.
How to buy Smart Prepaid eSIM
1. Go to the Smart Online Store
2. Click the “Get this item” button and “Add to cart”
3. Click “View cart” and “Checkout and pay”
4. Enter your mobile number and email address
5. Continue to payment, then enter the OTP sent to your email
6. Choose a payment method, and proceed
FOR ANDROID DEVICES:
- Connect to any WiFi network/Cellular Data.
- Go to Settings click on Connections menu.
- Select SIM card manager and Add Mobile plan.
- Click on Add using QR code.
- Scan QR code.
- Select Add Cellular Plan.
- Click on OK to turn on new mobile plan.
- Your new SIM profile will be displayed.
- Register SIM at http://smart.com.ph/simreg to fully activate mobile services & receive freebies.
FOR APPLE DEVICES:
- Ensure that you have iOS version 12.4 and above.
- Connect to any WiFi network/Cellular Data
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Cellular Network.
- Click “Add Cellular Plan” or “Add eSIM”.
- Camera will automatically launch
- Scan the QR voucher.
- You will be prompted that you have already downloaded the Smart Prepaid SIM.
- Register SIM at http://smart.com.ph/simreg to fully activate mobile services & receive freebies
Before availing of this Smart Prepaid eSIM, just make sure that your device supports eSIM. It will not work on devices that only support physical SIM cards. But take note that aside from iPhone and Samsung Galaxy devices, other phones support eSIM.