Facebook is now making a big move by merging Instagram and Facebook Messenger. Users will be able to communicate cross-platform with this new messaging. Facebook believes that it will bring more connection and creativity to people.
Here are the features to expect:
- Connect in a creative way.
- Send your friends messages, photos, and videos—complete with filters and captions. You can also directly send posts you think they’ll like.
- Message anyone, any time.
- You can send a private message, photo, or video to anyone on Instagram. If they don’t follow you, it’ll appear as a request in their inbox.
- Send messages that can only be seen for a moment.
- When sending a photo or video, you can choose if you want to keep it in the conversation, allow it to be replayed, or only be viewed once.
- Share what you discover.
- You can send public posts, Stories or profiles as a direct message to another person
- Feel close when you’re not together.
- See your friends and their world—no matter where you are—with video chat. You can hang out with up to 6 friends, in real time.
- Watch Stories and live videos from your favorite people
- Browse and shop products from your favorite brands and Creators
- Search & Explore
- Find photos and videos you might like, from accounts you don’t follow.