MediaTek has expanded its Dimensity range with the release of the Dimensity 9200+ chipset for flagship 5G devices. This new solution builds on the success of its predecessor by improving performance while preserving power efficiency for longer battery life and better gaming experiences.
MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ is now official!
The Dimensity 9200+ chipset includes one ultra-core Arm Cortex-X3 working at up to 3.35GHz, three Arm Cortex-A715 super-cores operating at up to 3.0GHz, and four Arm Cortex-A510 efficiency cores at 2.0GHz.
It supports faster clock rates than its predecessor, the Dimensity 9200 chipset. MediaTek increased the Dimensity 9200+’s Arm Immortalis-G715 GPU by 17% to offer it an extra boost for gaming and other computationally demanding tasks.
Dimensity 9200+ is equipped with a 4CC-CA 5G Release-16 modem that seamlessly changes between long-reach sub-6GHz and super-fast mmWave connections.
The processor also supports Wi-Fi 7 2×2 + 2×2 with data rates of up to 6.5Gbps and Bluetooth 5.3. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth low energy (LE) audio, and wireless peripherals may all connect at the same time with incredibly low latency and without inference thanks to MediaTek’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi coexistence technology.
Key features of the MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ include:
- HyperEngine 6.0: Enhances the gaming experience even more with adaptive performance technology capable of maintaining high framerates while decreasing latency.
- Second generation TSMC 4nm-class process: Suitable for a wide range of form factors with ultra-slim designs.
- Sixth generation AI Processing Unit (APU 690): Achieves fully cinematic video with real-time focus and Bokeh changes, and effectively enables AI noise reduction and AI super-resolution tasks.
- MediaTek Imagiq 890: A powerful flagship image signal processor that allows engaging capturing, delivering bright, clear pictures and videos even in low-light situations.
- MediaTek MiraVision 890: Display technology that offers a seamless user experience with adaptive refresh rate and motion blur reduction.
- MediaTek 5G UltraSave 3.0: battery life optimization for all 5G connectivity scenarios using power-saving technology.
“We continue to raise the bar for flagship performance and power efficiency with the Dimensity 9200+, ensuring device makers have access to the most powerful mobile gaming features available today,” said Dr. Yenchi Lee, Deputy General Manager of MediaTek’s Wireless Communications Business Unit.
He added that “With faster raytracing and fluid gameplay at high frame rates, combined with MediaTek’s power-saving technologies, you can enjoy incredible visuals, epic effects, and extended battery life.”