MediaTek Pentonic 700 is now official!
The Pentonic 700 allows international TV manufacturers to improve the whole viewing experience for customers with AI-powered image quality advancements, support for Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail, integrated 4K120 MEMC and TCON, and gaming optimizations.
As part of MediaTek’s larger Pentonic chipset family, the
Pentonic 700 is expected to support standard 4K smart TVs. With the release of
this newest chipset, the Pentonic series now provides companies with a
comprehensive spectrum of alternatives for premium, high-end, and mass-market
TVs to fulfill a variety of market demands.
“MediaTek’s Pentonic series
brings more intelligence to smart TVs with a host of AI-powered picture quality
enhancements,” said Alex Chen, General Manager of the TV Business Unit at
For superior edge smoothing and detail reconstruction, the
Pentonic 700’s inbuilt AI processing unit (APU) supports MediaTek’s AI-Super
Resolution, AI-Picture Quality (AI-PQ) Scene Recognition, and AI-PQ Object
Moreover, Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail enhances
picture quality by increasing contrast in bright and dark areas for clear,
“Smart TV brands can count on
Pentonic 700 to deliver incredible experiences whether consumers are watching
videos or sports, gaming, or using their TV as a control center for their other
smart devices.” He added.
MediaTek Pentonic 700 main specifications:
- For gaming applications, resolution support up to 4K at 120Hz and VRR up to 4K at 144Hz is available.
- Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail for enhanced detail, texture, and depth.
- HDR10+ adaptive technology provides excellent viewing experiences depending on the lighting conditions of the environment.
- MediaTek’s AI-PQ Scene Recognition 2.0 automatically optimizes picture quality settings.
- MediaTek’s AI-PQ Object Recognition 2.5 improves the depth of vision by varying the sharpness, contrast, and color of the foreground and background.
- Built-in hardware video decoding engine supports HEVC, AV1, and AVS3 standards, as well as the newest VVC (H.266) standard, to meet the needs of broadcasters and streaming providers.
- MediaTek’s AI-Super Resolution 2.0 for edge smoothing and detail reconstruction.
- Support for the most recent voice assistant capabilities, as well as smart home device management.
Furthermore, Picture-by-Picture (PBP) and Picture-in-Picture (PIP) compatibility with PQ improvement are available on Pentonic 700-powered smart TVs, enabling the presentation of material from various sources on the TV screen.
With this technology, consumers may watch a video together
at home while simultaneously streaming several athletic events or video
chatting with loved ones. These features expand the video conferencing
capabilities available in the office and enable TVs to simultaneously show
several content streams.
Meanwhile, the highly integrated design saves energy and
lowers bill of materials (BOM) costs while accelerating time to market. To give
4K smart TVs ultra-fast, efficient connectivity with minimal latency for the
finest streaming and cloud gaming experiences, manufacturers may also add on
MediaTek’s Filogic Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 6E, or Wi-Fi 7 wireless networking solutions.
Lastly, we can expect Smart TVs with MediaTek Pentonic 700 in the 4th quarter of the year. Just visit the official website of MediaTek for more information about MediaTek’s Pentonic Smart TV platform.