The Filogic 860 and 360, two chipsets from the second generation, offer peak performance, always-on dependability, and Wi-Fi 7 speeds.
Filogic 860 and 360
The Filogic 860 and 360 are two new, second-generation Wi-Fi 7 devices that MediaTek has formally introduced. The Filogic 360 modem is intended for client devices, such as laptops and smartphones, whereas the Filogic 860 chipset is targeted for network devices.
After being among the first companies to use Wi-Fi 7, MediaTek is now offering the most extensive set of Wi-Fi 7 products in the market thanks to the launch of its new Filogic 860 and 360 solutions today. When taken as a whole, these second-generation additions, the Filogic 860 and 360 seeks to broaden MediaTek’s lineup of innovative devices that use connectivity’s most recent technical developments while maintaining peak performance and always-on dependability.
Some of the descriptions of both Filogic 860 and 360 are: Filogic 860 is the perfect choice for enterprise access points, mesh nodes, service provider Ethernet gateways, retail, and Internet of Things router applications as it combines a Wi-Fi 7 dual-band access point with a new powerful network processing solution. In order to provide next-generation Wi-Fi 7 connections to edge devices, streaming devices, and a wide range of other consumer electronics, Filogic 360 is a stand-alone client solution that combines Wi-Fi 7 2×2 and dual Bluetooth 5.4 radios on a single chip.
Alan Hsu, corporate vice president and general manager of MediaTek’s Intelligent Connectivity Business, stated, “MediaTek stands out with the most comprehensive connectivity portfolio on the market, and we’re continuing this legacy with our two new advanced Wi-Fi 7 solutions designed for mainstream applications.” “Filogic 860 and Filogic 360 offer the same technology as our premium solutions: exceptional reliability in busy network environments, ultra-fast speeds with reduced latency, and enhanced range,” he added.
There are difference between the new chipsets, the Filogic 860 and 360. Filogic 860 offers a full platform for a dual-band Wi-Fi 7 access point, router, and mesh node solution for the retail and corporate sectors. Filogic 860 is equipped with a triple-core Arm Cortex-A73 CPU that enables significant hardware acceleration for sophisticated tunneling and security features to fulfill corporate and service provider needs, building on the success of its first-generation design.
The following features are part of the Filogic 860 platform:
- Leading-edge 6nm low-power WiFi architecture
- Single-MAC support for MLO
- supports MRU and 4096-QAM
- has the fastest dual-band MLO speed in the industry (7.2 GB) and supports dual-band Wi-Fi 7.
- 5T5R 4SS for 5GHz up to BW160 and 4T4R for 2.4GHz up to BW40 provide dual-band, dual-concurrent capabilities.
- Support for zero-wait DFS with an extra-receive antenna
- By adding an additional antenna, Filogic Xtra range support increases the reception distance.
OTT streaming, smartphones, PCs, laptops, set-top boxes, and many other devices may all benefit from the best-in-class connectivity that the Filogic 360 offers. It is a standalone, single-chip Wi-Fi 7 2×2 and dual Bluetooth 5.4 solution.
- Key features of the Filogic 360 include:
- Wi-Fi 7 2×2 with triple band selectability and a maximum speed of 2.9 Gbps
- supports MRU and 4096-QAM
- Support for a channel bandwidth of 160 MHz
- Filogic Xtra range support uses a special hybrid MLO technique to increase communication distance.
- Dual Bluetooth 5.4 cores are supported for games and other apps.
- BLE audio supports LC3 codecs with integrated DSP.
- Thanks to MediaTek’s cutting-edge Wi-Fi and Bluetooth coexistence technology, both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi may function effortlessly and interference-free on the 2.4 GHz band.
Customer sampling for the MediaTek Filogic 860 and 360 systems has started, and mass production is scheduled to begin in the middle of 2024.