MediaTek T830 platform for 5G CPE devices
They built this new T830 platform with its M80 modem, which provides advanced Release 16 capabilities for sub-6GHz band operations. The T830’s highly integrated, compact architecture saves power and decreases development time and costs for device manufacturers.
Moreover, the T830 enables operators to provide 5G speeds of up to 7Gbps directly out of the box. This avoids the costs of wireline technologies such as cable or fiber. Likewise, users may enjoy super-fast internet services from a tiny device that they can self-install, eliminating the inconveniences of lengthy installation delays for fixed line broadband.
“As the leader in 5G CPE solutions, MediaTek is working with Tier-1 operators around the world to bring fast, reliable connectivity to consumers and businesses,” said JC Hsu, Corporate Vice President and General Manager of MediaTek’s wireless communications business unit.
“This highly integrated platform represents the latest
advancements in both 5G and Wi-Fi connectivity and enables our customers to
build extremely high-performance multi-gigabit 5G CPE products in the smallest
form factors possible.” He also added.
MediaTek T830 platform highlights
- The integrated M80 modem incorporates MediaTek’s 5G UltraSave technology to provide maximum energy saving under all 5G connection situations.
- Cellular features of the M80 modem include 5G NSA/SA compatibility, sub-6GHz connections up to 4CC-CA, and mixed duplex FDD/TDD support.
- Support for dual 5G SIM (DSDS), depending on device maker requirements.
- 3x PCI-Express root complex controllers, USB 3.2, two 10GbE USXGMII interfaces, and different PCM/SPI interfaces for RJ11 phone lines round out the peripheral connection.
- An integrated 3D GPU with a display driver.
- Support for RDK-B, prplOS, and OpenSync to comply with the open OS framework specifications of several Tier-1 operators.
It also features a main SoC with a 3GPP Release-16 5G cellular modem combined with a strong quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 CPU, a sub-6GHz RF transceiver, and a GNSS receiver, and accompanying PMICs.
In addition, the main SoC also has a built-in Network Processing Unit (NPU) and Wi-Fi offload engine. This is to provide multi-gigabit routing rates between 5G cellular to Ethernet or Wi-Fi without the need for a CPU. With that, it will result in increased speed and battery efficiency.
Customers may also choose from a variety of MediaTek’s acclaimed Filogic Wi-Fi connection options to link the T830 with. Besides, the T830 and Filogic 680 may be paired to create 5G FWA routers (Tri-band 4×4 Wi-Fi 7).
To create 5G Mobile hotspots (dual-band 2×2 Wi-Fi 7), the T830 and Filogic 380 may be linked together. These devices all offer top-tier compatibility for new Wi-Fi 7 features including MLO (Multi-Link Operation) and 320MHz broad channels.