Another affordable 5G ready smartphone enters our local market because Motorola just launched its Moto G50 5G here in the Philippines.
Motorola Moto G50 5G
The Motorola Moto G50 5G features a 6.5-inch Max Vision HD+ IPS LCD screen that supports a 90Hz screen refresh rate. On the top of the screen is the 13MP selfie camera placed on a notch. Yes, it still has a notch compared to the punch hole of other competitors.
Speaking of the camera, this phone has a 48MP main shooter, 2MP macro lens, and 2MP depth sensor for the rear setup.
Moreover, Motorola partnered the Dimensity 700 with 4GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage. In case the 128GB is not enough for you, it has a MicroSD slot that can support up to 1TB.
Besides, it has a big 5,000mAh battery capacity that supports 15W fast charging via USB Type-C. According to their highlights, this phone can provide you up to 2 days of battery life (still depends on your usage).
The phone also features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that works as a power button as well. Also, it has a dedicated Google Assistant key that helps you to launch the Google Assistant instantly.
Other features of this phone are face unlock, Android 11, 5G connectivity, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, and dual SIM (Hybrid SIM tray). Further, this phone comes with two color options: Meteorite Grey and Green. Meanwhile, its dimension is 167 x 7634 x 9.26mm, and it only weighs 206g.
Motorola Moto G50 5G Full Specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch 2.5D curved LCD (IPS) Max Vision screen w/ 90Hz refresh rate, HD+ 1600 x 720 resolution at 270 ppi
- CPU: 2.0GHz 7nm MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2 (950MHz)
- RAM: 4GB
- ROM: 128GB expandable via microSD card slot up to 512GB
- Back Camera: 48MP f/1.7 + 2MP f/2.4 macro + 2MP f/2.4 depth + LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 13MP f/2.2
- Battery: 5,000mAh w/ 15W fast charging
- OS: Android 11
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), 5G SA/NSA, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, LTEPP, dual SIM (hybrid)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, light, orientation, proximity, gyroscope, sound, magnetic, pressure
- Others: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, face unlock, water repellent design, dual-mic, USB-C, Colors: Meteorite Grey, Green
- Dimensions: 167 x 76.4 x 9.26mm
- Weight: 206 g
Price and availability
Motorola Moto G50 5G will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow August 31, 2021, for only PHP 10,495. It will also come with free Lenovo HD100 Headphones worth PHP 1,495.