Are you a Smart Bro Pocket WiFi user?
If so, you may need to register your SIM card to comply with the government’s Sim Card Registration Act. The process is straightforward, and this blog will guide you on how to register your Smart Bro Pocket WiFi SIM.
What is the SIM Card Registration Act?
The SIM Card Registration Act or Republic Act No. 10929 mandates all telecommunications companies operating in the Philippines to implement a mandatory SIM card registration. The law aims to promote responsible use of mobile phones and prevent fraudulent activities, such as kidnapping, extortion, and terrorism.
Everything You Need
There are only few things this SIM registration requires:
- Full name
- Birth date
- Address (Province, City/Municipality, Barangay, and Zip code)
- Valid ID
Step-by-step Guide for SMART SIM Registration
- Get your Smart Bro Mobile Number from your Smart Bro Pocket WiFi Sim Card, Pocket WiFi Screen or Sticker located at the back of your bottom of your device. To conveniently view your OTP when registering your Pocket WiFi SIM, we recommend transferring the SIM to your mobile phone first. This will allow for easier access to your OTP and simplify the registration process.
- Go to the official website of smart: smart.com.ph
Upon opening the site, you will see this view below.
3. Click “Register SIM”
4. Enter your mobile number that you want to register, then click “Send OTP”.
5. Enter your One Time Pin, then click “Verify OTP”.
Your number will now be verified, but you’re not done yet. Click “OK”, and it will direct you to the information page.
6. Pick your type of registration and the type of your valid ID.
7. Upload your Valid ID like this and click “Submit”.
It will then ask to scan your face and you will have to blink. After that, your ID will be verified.
8. Click “OK”, and it will let you check your information. Make sure everything is filled out, then click “Next”.
You will now be directed to your address information, but you don’t have to fill out everything. Only the ones with the red asterisk (*) are required.
9. Fill out your province, city/municipality, barangay, and zip code. Click “Next”.
You can also fill out the other parts, as well as the “Alternate Contact Information”, but you can still continue even if you don’t.
10. Check your Information Summary, click the first check box below, then click “Submit”.
There are two check boxes below, but the other one is optional. If you want to receive notifications from smart, you can check the second box below the “Submit” button. Again, you can choose not to click this box.
11. You are now registered! Save your control number as a proof of your registration, as well as for future possibilities.
Site Loading Errors
- Close and open the App
- Change browser
- Change Wifi or Reconnect the internet
- Airplane mode on and on
- Try to register using a different phone
- Extra patience
If your camera is not working when taking a photo of your valid ID no matter how many times you try to refresh the site, your browser could be blocking the site.
You have to go to your browser’s settings, click “Site settings”, then “Camera”. It will show you all allowed and blocked sites that can use your camera. You can turn off the safety or block option for now, and you can just turn it back on after your SIM registration.
- Move to the brighter view of the image
- Keep the camera steady to avoid a blurry image
- Upload instead of taking a picture
- Take a picture instead of uploading
- Try a different kind of ID
- Do it in the morning when you can take pictures with good lighting
Register your SIM cards now for your own personal safety, and help prevent cyber scams and fraud. Let us all contribute to a safer and secure telecommunications environment.